There are different kinds of motives behind any kind of cyber-attack and the most common one will be associated with financial gains. Irrespective of the motive the consequences can be very much disastrous for the victim of the cyber-attack which is the main reason that people need to be clear about the technological advancements in this case. Anti-rootkit is known as one of the most common malicious programs which can be used in terms of getting unauthorised access to a system which is the main reason that people need to have a good understanding of the concept of Anti-rootkit protection.
Anti-rootkit is very easily used by hackers in terms of conceding the identity and taking the control of the system. Anti-rootkit will be having the potential of deactivating the antivirus and the anti-malware programs installed into the computer and they can even spy the user behaviour, steal personal and financial data, and ultimately launch the attacks by getting the root level access.
Some of the possible outcomes of the Anti-rootkit attack are explained as:
- Malware infection:Anti-rootkit is a very important malware that will be remaining installed in the system without getting detected and this can give the hackers with the perfect opportunity of installing the additional systems which will be going on detected by the users and antivirus programs. An antivirus program will be getting deactivated without the user even realising it which could be very much problematic in the whole process.
- Information theft: Since the Anti-rootkit will be concealed, sensitive information in this particular scenario will be inclusive of the username and password. Credit card numbers and other financial data will be easily stolen with the help of Anti-rootkit. Hackers can either target the personal information of the individuals or the confidential information of the organisation through the installation of the Anti-rootkit.
- File removal: Hackers can very easily gain the access to the operating system with the help of Anti-rootkit which will be enabling them to delete the directory, registry and other files so that the operating system can be detected and deleted very easily.
- Eavesdropping: Malicious actors in this particular world will be using the Anti-rootkit as a means of intercepting the personal information and communication of the users. Hackers on the other hand will be using the Anti-rootkit to spy on the user messages and emails to avoid any kind of problem.
- File execution: Any kind of Anti rootkit attackwill be leading to the remote execution of the files on the targeted systems and further will be successfully dealing with the anti-malware programs and executing the files very remotely. This particular aspect will help provide people with an understanding of the execution of the files.
- Remote access: Anti-rootkit will be enabling the hackers to alter the system configurations and ultimately open the TCP port inside the firewall all alterations into the stock of scripts. The outcome in this particular case will be directly associated with remote access and exploitation system for malicious purposes so that there is no scope for any kind of issues in the whole process.
How can you very easily protect against Anti-rootkit attacks?
Introduction of the concept of anti-Anti-rootkit protection systems is directly associated with the following different kinds of security practices and some of those practices are explained as follows:
- Using the scanners and Anti-rootkit removers: Scanners are very much effective against Anti-rootkit attacks and can also be used in terms of basic analysis as well as detection of the systems. Anti-rootkit scanners are most effective against the application Anti-rootkit and further can be removed with the help of scanners. It is very well recommended that organisations will be using multiple scanners in tandem for the complete protection of the system so that backing up of the data, deleting and reinstalling will be carried out very easily and efficiently. This concept will help provide people with sophisticated protection from attacks on the application layer.
- Paying attention to the software updates:One of the major things to be checked out in this particular case is to be clear about the attention to the software updates to avoid any problems. All the software programs have to be updated regularly so that there is no scope for any kind of loopholes that hackers can exploit. Legacy systems expressly can be exploited easily as the security will be heavily compromised here and enterprises also need to pay attention to the software update reduced from time to time to fix the vulnerabilities. Patching the vulnerabilities in the operating system will be very much vital to prevent the hackers from successfully launching a malware attack.
- Using the advanced level antivirus program: As the Anti-rootkit and other attacks are becoming much more advanced people need to focus on different kinds of security measures in this particular case so that everybody can survive in the ever-evolving threat landscape without any kind of problem. Organisations need to invest in antivirus programs that will be using machine learning and behavioural aspects very easily so that anomalies will be detected in the system without any kind of problem. Advanced level security measures will be facilitating the early detection of the rocket so that pinpointing the origin will be done without any kind of problem.
- Monitoring the network traffic: Monitoring the traffic network is another very effective method of dealing with rootkit attacks so that analysis of the package will be done very easily and malicious traffic will be understood in terms of the basic security system. Network monitoring is very much useful for isolated compromised network segments so that attacks will be prevented from spreading and causing more damage
Hence, whenever organisations are interested to prevent the Anti-rootkit attack, they need to follow the above-mentioned points so that organisation intervention can be eliminated and there is no scope for any kind of cheating element in the basic operations of the organisations. This will help provide the concerned people with a security layer against malicious actions.