Having problems updating your payroll? Can’t access the programs? There are many problems with QuickBooks. Error 15106 seems to be the cause. Getting rid of the update error will solve all the problems above.
In this post, we will explain how to fix QuickBooks Error 15106. Let’s get started. We’ll clear it out together.
What is QuickBooks Error 15106
QuickBooks update error 15106 usually occurs when payroll updates are performed. This occurs when the payroll software or system is damaged. There is a problem opening the update program and the update program seems to be damaged, which puts a stop to your work.
Reasons & Causes of Error QuickBooks 15106
Error 15106 can occur due to the following reasons:
- This error can occur when anti-virus software or spyware protection software is pre-installed. Updates cannot be performed.
- Moreover, the User Account Control feature cannot be disabled, which may also lead to this error.
- You do not have administrative access to your account.
QuickBooks Error Code 15106: Easy Resolving Methods
Here are some steps on how to fix QuickBooks update Error 15106.
Method 1: Administrator Account Access
- Start by right-clicking the QuickBooks icon on your desktop.
- Go to the Run as administrator option next.
- Next, type in the admin credentials.
- Select OK.
- You can now access the admin panel for your system.
The method below can also be used as an alternative.
- To begin, you must tap the Start button.
- Tap the bottom right option Switch users.
- Fill out the Admin credentials.
- It is now possible to change your user account to an administrator account.
Method 2: Disable the User Account Control Option
To fix error code 15106, UAC must be turned off. You can change the user account control settings in Windows 8, 8.1, 7 and 10. Here is how to do it.
- Go to the start menu and tap on the search field.
- Type control panel in the search field.
- You will then see the user accounts option. Tap on it.
- Click on the option Change user account control settings.
- Then, press the Never notify button after turning off the UAC.
- Select OK.
- Tap on Always notify once UAC has been enabled.
- Click again on OK.
- You should reboot your computer system and check whether the error still exists.
Method 3: QBs Clean Installation
Keep a copy of your QuickBooks license or desktop information and a backup of your company files. In the selective startup mode, you will be able to close active programs without interrupting your work. Follow these steps.
- You can open the run window by pressing Windows + R.
- Type msconfig into the text box and click OK.
- Under the General tab, choose Selective startup mode.
- Click on Load system services.
- Choose Hide all Microsoft services under the services tab.
- By checking the box, the user can hide all Microsoft services.
- Choose Disable all options.
- The box that lists the services on the Windows installer should be checked.
- Now restart your system.
- Afterward, uninstall QuickBooks desktop software and reinstall it.
- Once you have successfully reinstalled, run msconfig again.
- Click the OK button after selecting the normal startup option within the general tab.
- Lastly, restart your system.
Method 4: Using Task Manager
- To open the task manager, first press CTRL + Shift + Esc.
- Find the antivirus program installed on your system under the Processes tab.
- Once you get it, tap it and select End process.
Method 5: QBs File Doctor Tool Use
You can fix the QuickBooks update error 15106 easily with the use of QBs File Doctor tool.
- The first step is to access QuickBooks.
- You’ll see a dashboard when you open. Navigate to the tab Company file issues.
- You will find the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option within the tab. Click on it.
- To identify all errors, it performs a self-scan.
- It will automatically troubleshoot all the errors found in a few seconds following a successful scan.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Method 6: Folder QBs Rename
- Press Windows + E together to open the File Explorer.
- Go to C:/ProgramFiles\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components.
- You can proceed by right-clicking the folder DownloadqbXX.
- From the menu, select Rename.
- Put the extension .old at the end of the filename.
- The final step is to update QuickBooks desktop again.
Method 7: QBs Tools
You can install several tools in your system to resolve QuickBooks Update Error 15106 and other QuickBooks 15XXX series errors like QuickBooks error 15241, QBs error code 15026, etc. Here is a list.
- QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- QBs Install Diagnostic Tool
- QuickBooks Component Repair Tool
Some Final Words
Error 15106 is most often encountered during payroll updates. This indicates a system or software issue. We have provided you with quick solutions to QuickBooks Update Error 15106 and covered everything you need to know about this issue from beginning to end. We hope your work is going well and that you are not experiencing any more problems.