Whisky is an alcoholic beverage that is made from fermented grain mash. Different grains are used in different whiskeys, including wheat, rye, barley and corn. One of the popular brands is Rye Malt Whisky. This whisky is quite rare and primarily comprises malted rye under US regulations. What makes it different from rye whisky is the preparation method. It is also different from unqualified malt whisky, which is made from malted barley. Now that you are well-aware of this type of whisky, read on to know the health benefits of whisky in general.
- It reduces the risk of heart disease: The Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIWH) report states that cardiovascular diseases lead to 27 per cent of deaths in Australia. In addition to this, approximately 1.2 million Australians have one or more vascular or heart conditions. The treatment options for heart diseases include surgery and medications. You might have to spend a lot on the treatments. As per multiple studies, drinking a glass of whisky daily can reduce the risk of heart diseases. A study by Harvard states that drinking whisky in moderate amounts can raise the good cholesterol in your blood. It acts as natural protection against cardiovascular diseases.
- It can help fight cancer: Cancer is a disease in which abnormal cells are created and grown uncontrollably and spread to the other parts of the body. There are different types of cancer like lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, etc. You can experience complications such as nausea, pain, fatigue, and chemical changes in the body. Although you must not use whisky as the sole treatment, research has evidence that it can help fight cancer. Hence, you can have a drink per day. Well, it has ellagic acid that absorbs the rogue cells in the body. You can also find ellagic acid in various fruits and wine. However, you can find this acid in higher levels in a bottle of whisky.
- It promotes weight loss: Many gym-goers and athletes desire to reach their health and fitness goals. So, they maintain a strict diet and count on many protein supplements for losing weight. What’s more, whisky is delicious in flavour and consists of no fat and a little sodium. Sugar is a minimum quantity that is swiftly processed by the body. You can ensure that it helps in losing weight. When it comes to moderate beer drinkers, they tend to increase their “beer gut” and lose muscle. If you switch to whisky, you can have a great time by keeping a few pounds off.
- It can reduce stress: Stress is a feeling of physical or emotional tension. When you are stressed, you can feel nervous, angry and frustrated. Some of the common signs of stress include trouble sleeping, exhaustion, trouble having sex, stomach or digestive problems, high blood pressure, etc. You might even have everyday stresses due to family and work. Hence, you can have a glass of whisky when you feel stressed. After all, it can calm your nerves immensely and is beneficial for people with anxiety or stress. However, make sure that you don’t completely depend on whisky. If you prefer malted whiskies, you can look for the Rye Malt Whisky available in online stores.
- It lowers the risk of dementia: Generally, elderly people face dementia. Although scientists are working hard, there is no cure yet. You must take preventive steps to protect yourself from this disease. As per a 2003 study, when people consume one to six glasses of whisky each week, they are half as likely to experience dementia. A couple of glasses per week will certainly lower the risk of dementia.