The simplest method to ingest Kratom is the ‘toss and wash method. This method is prevalent among Kratom users and has been followed for centuries. It is an easy way of taking Kratom doses. You may have stumbled upon this term if you are new to the Kratom scenario and found it rather difficult to understand as this method is relatively old.
So, you should be well informed about the ‘toss and wash’ method if you choose to take your kratom doses this way. Here we will discuss elaborately the steps included in this method and some tricks that will help you get the best kratom experience.
The ‘Toss and Wash’ Method
This method of taking kratom involves taking your measured requirement of the strain in a tablespoon, putting it in your mouth and then washing it down your throat with a glass of liquid (commonly water).
Next, we will discuss some of the pros and cons of the method:
- It is unbelievably quick and more straightforward than other methods (taking capsules, tea etc.), which usually include multiple steps.
- It is time-efficient.
- This method makes it easier for your body to absorb red thai kratom powder.
- Kratom acts faster than in other methods when your body quickly absorbs it.
- Kratom is bitter, so many people prefer to have its flavours to suppress its bitterness. So, putting kratom powder directly into your mouth would surely make you face the bitter taste. But then again, some people like this bitter taste of kratom, and if you are one of them, you definitely will not be deterred by this con.
- Kratom is insoluble in cold water. So, kratom powder can form lumps in your mouth and thus, making it difficult to quickly washdown.
- If you are not used to the toss and wash method, you may put the dry powder in your mouth, which can cause cough and gag.
How to ‘Toss and Wash’ your Kratom
- Foremost, make sure your Kratom is in finely grinded, powdered form.
- First, take a tablespoon to measure out your required dose of kratom.
- Then, prepare yourself a glass of water or any other beverages of your choice.
- Next, put the measured dose of kratom in your mouth but remember not to swallow it or breathe it in.
- After this, quickly take a medium gulp of your water or any other beverage you are using.
- Let the liquid mix with the kratom powder but do not haste; instead, gulp it gently.
- Once you have taken the first gulp, take a second, large gulp of the liquid your using, and you are finished with your’ toss and wash’ method.
Pro tips for ‘Toss and Wash’
- Most importantly, stay calm and do not haste in the method.
- Make sure you are not taking too much kratom powder in your mouth. So, it would be a great idea to split your doses into small parts if you are supposed to take a large dose.
- You will surely get the bitter taste of kratom if you are using plain water. So, if you do not like the taste of kratom much, think of switching to any other beverages of your choice to neutralise the bitter taste.
Helpful Beverages to ‘Toss and Wash’ your kratom
While water is the classic liquid people use to ‘toss and wash’ their kratom powder, you can switch to any other beverages of your choice to suppress the bitterness of kratom and complement its taste. Here we make a list of some beverages that you should check to toss and wash your kratom powder:
Orange Juice is the classic choice for people using beverages to toss and wash their kratom powder. The acidic properties of orange juice work well to disguise the bitter taste of kratom.
Lemonade is also a good option in this method. But to make it more effective, consider adding sugar to counter the bitterness.
Like orange juice, grapefruit juice also effectively hides the bitter taste of kratom. In addition, grapefruit has a lot of antioxidants, so taking your kratom with grapefruit juice can be a good idea.
Kratom powder easily dissolves into Mango juice. The smooth texture of mango juice is also beneficial to avoid the bitter flavour of kratom.
Other alternative methods of ‘Toss and Wash’
If you are not good at the ‘toss and wash’ method and have a difficult time coughing up clouds of kratom powder, you can try some alternative but effective methods:
Mix and Wash
Mixing the kratom powder with any beverages of your choice and washing it down can be a good idea. But mint and chamomile tea might be exciting options in this process as they easily overpower the bitter taste of kratom.
Mixing kratom with food
You can mix your kratom powder with your food. This process is not as fast as ‘toss and wash’, but it effectively escapes the bitter feeling in the mouth caused by the raw taste of kratom. Keep in mind to use sweet foods like yoghourt or peanut butter for this method.
Brew in Tea
Kratom’s bitter taste can be easily avoided if you brew it into tea. Moreover, the bitter flavour will become less noticeable if you use sweeteners. But, this method will destroy some of the essential alkaloids of kratom.
Use Kratom Capsules
Using kratom capsules is the most effective way to escape the bitter taste of kratom. But it can be costly and also time consuming. You can read more about the differences between kratom powder and extracts here.
Finally, you will get the bitter taste of kratom in the ‘toss and wash’ method, but it is the most effective, quick and straightforward way of taking kratom doses. Of course, you may not like the process, which entirely depends on whether you prioritise taste or effectiveness.
If you think the ‘ toss and wash ‘ process is complex, you can mix and wash capsules and tea. These other processes may not be as effective and easy as a toss and wash, but taking kratom out of the way is helpful for health. So, try how best fits you to take your kratom, as this herbal medicine has magical benefits.